2.21.2006

















"After Veronese's 'Eternal Father and the Holy Spirit'"
oil on canvas - 16x20"
Collection of the Artist

Our city had an exhibit entitled "The Heart of Spain" and this was one of my husband's and my favorites. I have noticed in other museums throughout the world other painters with their easels set up, copying the great masters. Oh, to be able to do that! Relying on a book plate is frustrating, at best. Considering, God was not as hard as the **** cherubs... I considered them little devils for several weeks. I want to do more like this, but choosing the next one is proving difficult. Do I paint a series or start something new? I'm sure I could lug all my stuff to our museum every day and copy something there, but I am totally spoiled here in my own studio. I hope you enjoy my hard work. If you are doing anything like this, I would love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
This picture turned out absolutely stunning. I'm in awe of your talent, not only in art, but all that you do. I'm so proud of you!
Mary V.